How to make:
Bacon wrapped water chestnuts
1. Bacon (not thick cut)
2. Water chestnuts (whole)
4. Maple syrup for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Wrap slice of bacon around the water chestnuts. Cut the slice of bacon in half or in thirds, depending on the size.
3. Secure with a toothpick
4. Arrange flat on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning once
5. When you are ready to serve, arrange on a platter and drizzle with your favorite maple syrup
Classic cocktail style beef meatballs
1 pound ground beef (lean) 1 (8 oz. can) jellied cranberry sauce
1 egg 3/4 cup chili sauce
2 TBSP water 1 TBSP brown sugar
1/2 cup+ Panko bread crumbs 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
3 TBSP grated onion with juice 4 pinches of kosher salt
2 TBSP minced garlic
2 TBSP chopped parsley
1/2 TBSP crushed red pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. In large bowl, mix together the ground beef, eggs, water, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, crushed red pepper and 2 pinches of salt. Roll into small meatballs.
3. Arrange flat in baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, turn once
4. In a slow cooker or a saute pan over low heat, blend the cranberry sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and 2 pinches of salt. Add meatballs and simmer for 1 hour.